Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day: The Prequel

Awww, pre-Valentine's Day! The anticipation of holidays and (more importantly) gifts is super awesome. I got home from work today and there was a present from Geo on my doorstep. Yay! I sat and patiently waited until tomorrow to open it. Whoops, no I did the opposite. I texted Geo before I even took off my coat. "I GOT MY PRESENT! I'M OPENING IT!" He had gotten the present I sent him, so he's like "Wait, geez. Let me go get mine." The waiting was excrutiating. Five minutes later, we're on Skype, opening our presents. The day BEFORE Valentine's Day.

He opened his from me, which consisted of a Spider-Man Valentine, R2-D2 Pez, candy, balloons, a teddy bear, a puzzle and other very mature and masculine items. I opened mine and had 2 (TWO!) boxes of Dunkin Donuts K-Cups and 2 (TWO!) whoopie pie kits. Pre-Palm Springs diet be damned!

Then he said "I have the other part of your present. I made it! Let's see, there's one, two, three...twenty-eight things here I have to email you. They are all RINGTONES I made you!" At first I was all "Uh, wha?" And then he sent them to me and they are all funny or sweet or just awesome songs that he clipped into ringtones. So cute! Right now, every time he calls, George Harrison's "Set On You" plays. It rules.

Anyway, it was a great pre-Valentine's Day. But then Geo said "Let's start a tradition to never celebrate Valentine's Day on the real day." Because that makes no sense to me, I said "That makes no sense to me. Why?" And he's like "I don't know, it'll be our thing." I said "But what will we do tomorrow then? On the real night?" And he's all "I don't know, listen to ringtones?"

So because I couldn't sit and wait 24 hours to open a box of fun, I inadvertently set off a tradition of premature celebrating. Whoops. So now tomorrow will be less exciting. Oh well, tomorrow I will be starting my day with a steaming cup o' Dunkin Donuts coffee and making whoopie pies after work. Lovesit!

1 comment:

M. Librarian said...

Can you tell Geo to make me ringtones too? Cause I hate mine...oh, and I expect you to bring the whoopie pie maker when you come to visit for crafty fun girl weekend...remind me again when that's happening?