Thursday, December 15, 2011

First/100th Date Jitters

Folks, today Geo came home. I picked him up after work and we came to my house. I fought every instinct in my body telling me to put on layers and layers of fleece, and stayed in my work clothes and even touched up my makeup. We watched the season finale of Sons of Anarchy, which we had promised to do a couple weeks ago, and I just sat there. Nervous. In my work clothes. Trying to have perfect posture. Continually offering him food. Then I had a horrible realization.

I do believe I'm on a first date, y'all!

Yeah. The memory of him finding me sleeping in the bathroom one morning after a night battling the flu went out the window. Suddenly I was all "I should brush my teeth. Do my feet smell? Should I have ironed my shirt? Is he going through my medicine cabinets in the bathroom?"

It's all just very new. For the past 2 months I had all but abandoned my attempts at looking nice and being a polite, feminine girl. I was all no showers and sweatshirts. Now he can now SEE my outfit and SMELL my general presence. I better pick it up.

Oh, and?! Now he's all in my space. I had spent so much time trying to make myself feel at home in this house that I left no place for anyone else to hang out.

The reality is that it's both disturbing and completely reassuring to see his shoes laying around again. I hung out missing him for so long and now that he's back, I have no idea what to do with myself now that I don't have to miss him.

Anyway, I broke down and bundled up in sweats. Geo went to his Investment Club meeting, and I came home and panic-dressed. Instead of comfort-eating, I comfort-dress.

Apparently, my solution is to binge-dress and blog about it. Cool? Cool.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: