Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Early Bird...Is a Sucker

Well, I went to sleep at 10 p.m. on Saturday night. That's where my weekend both peaked and weaked. (That's a word, right?) I spent too much time with my sisters at the mall on Saturday, and I was beat. Seriously, who spends 5 hours at the Mall of America? TOURISTS, that's who. Oh, and also my sisters and me. We strolled around all day, and all day I had to actively fight my instincts to roundhouse-kick idiot mall-walkers in the head.

Then we went back to my parents house, and just hung out for 5 more hours, eating deep dish pizza and trying to keep my nieces and nephew from screaming bloody murder for more than 5 minutes at a time. So much for patience. Although, it was probably one of the funnest days ever. I loved it.

Now, there is a major problem with going to bed early on a Saturday night. Sunday mornings are SO BORING. I woke up at basically dawn, made breakfast, had coffee, and watched VH1 for an hour and still had 2 1/2 hours to kill before I could even start running errands because none of the stores were open yet.

The point is: There is no reason to wake up early on the weekends.

It was very boring this morning. I watched a movie that starred Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale and fire-breathing dragons. Really? This is the reward I get for waking up before noon? And sure coffee is delicious and all, until it gets me all hopped up to...what? Sit around? That's no fun.

Here's the lesson, I guess. Don't wake up early on Sunday mornings. Nothing happens. Do yourself a favor and stay up until 3 a.m. on Saturday night if you can. Waking up early is for jerks over achievers and shmucks. Well, lesson learned. Next weekend, don't call me until noon when I'm just waking up.

The cruelty of it all is that now I feel like I've been up for a bazillion hours and I'm pooped. It's a vicious cycle. Maybe it'll be easier to wake up for work, though! Yay! That's always nice. OH! And world's biggest HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my lovely friend Lana!! We have a super fun happy hour planned later this week, so let's just hope I can stay awake for it!

Let's go out there and pwn this week, shall we? We shall!

No comments: