Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So sneaky

So I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions this year. As far as I can remember, I've never kept to one before, and why start off the year a failure?! But I DO have a few wedding resolutions that I simply CAN'T fail at because it would just ruin everything. So, one of my weddings resolutions (res-I DO-tions?) is to get in serious shape so that back fat doesn't eat my wedding dress. While Geo was here for the past month, I ate only garbage and fast food, and never went to the gym. Yeah, I set myself back like 10 pounds. Rude.

To get my butt back in gear, I did what I always do before starting something new. I went shoe shopping! Huzzah! I wanted to get new running shoes so that my feet will look adorable while I'm getting side aches and trying to catch my breath. (Note, however, that I have zero plans to actually RUN because I loathe running, but that's what we call athletic shoes up in this piece.)

Moving on...I went out in search of some cute, affordable shoes that make me look like I totally belong in a gym and am hiding muscles and tone underneath all this skin. I got to DSW and started my search.

I hate shopping for running shoes, typically. Not a stiletto in sight! And I simply could not care less about the difference between "aerobic shoes" "running shoes" "walking shoes" and "athletic shoe". They all do exactly the same things, as far as I'm concerned. Force me to be my own height and support my arches. I simply do not exercise enough for one shoe to be all that much better than any others. So, of course, I go strictly on looks.

The first shoes I liked were all black (or "murdered out," as Geo says) and I was like "Okay, so these will match EVERYTHING." I like 'em. Plus, I'd be able to be all "These shoes are NOT black. These shoes are blacknot," you know, like from Borat?! Priceless...

So yeah, I thought they were super cute. I sent a pic to Geo and said "What do you think? Do you like the all-black-everything sneaks? OR....."

And then I sent him a picture of THESE shoes:


Yeah, these were a bit different than the black ones. And by "different" I mean "opposite." I couldn't decide if I loved them or was scared of them, so I had to ask for Geo's opinion via text. Geo told me the black ones were ugly and to "go crazy." I'm pretty sure he thought that if I got crazier shoes, I'd be more inclined to work out in them and less likely to try and wear them to formal events. Silly rabbit.

I was on my way to check out with my Rainbow Brite sneaks when I saw a more sensible option. Nike, really well-fitting, super light (which I think is a good thing, but it could also be a very bad thing. Whatevs) and just the right amount of neon to be fun without having so much that they look like they were made by punk rockers from the 80s. I texted a pic to Geo and said, "Or these?"

He responded, "Nikes. Definitely get the Nikes. And stop texting me pictures of shoes after you explicitly told me you didn't want me to come shoe shopping with you because I'd just 'hold you back'." Okay, he didn't say that last part, but I know he was thinking it.

Anyway, I got the last pair and felt very satisfied with my purchase. New shoes for a new workout routine! I was so pumped. I have been so excited to wear them and got my first chance tonight when I decided to try and go to a random Zumba class with Claire. When she couldn't make it, though, I decided not to go either. Instead, I sat on my couch watching season 3 of Walking Dead and wearing my running shoes. Great news! They were soooooooo comfortable!

No comments: