Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hi...


Yeah. That's about how I feel tonight.

Could I BE more melodramatic right now? Meh, maybe, but maybe not. I can no longer accurately gauge normal human responses as I have officially been alone in my apartment for 24 hours. Also? I've been watching a Hoarders marathon. I have officially lost touch with reality.

In case you couldn't tell, Geo went back to Alabummer to start his last year of grad school this weekend. We packed his car up in front of my building and I just stood there crying while he put his clothes in the backseat. People, I'm SURE, were like "Whoa. Crazy breakup out front!"

So, he left and I didn't want to come back up to my place right away, so I ran errands. That was not a good idea. I scared some children with my distraught-ness. I came home, dropped my purse in the middle of the floor and just sobbed. I was all "Waaaah! I'm so bummed! What is a girl to do?!"

I opened a beer, took off my pants and sat on the couch. You know, because I could. So there I was, pantsless, drinking a beer and bumming. HOT! I glanced around the room at all the non-boy stuff left when my eyes fell on my The Knot Book of Wedding Lists.

Oh, okay! Don't mind if I do!

I opened the book and then opened my computer. According to the list book, it's time to get my plan on so I thought that now is as good a time as any. I was like 3 minutes into tearfully searching through "centerpieces that aren't cheesy" when the physical heaving part of my crying was over. Ten minutes into my wedding dress searching, I had stopped crying altogether. A quick visit from Claire also helped a lot.

Then, I woke up this morning and was still pretty bummed. So, I did what any girl would do who hasn't showered in two days and still didn't have pants on. I went shopping. That helped. A little. But what REALLY helped was swinging by good ol' Barnes & Noble to pick up some new wedding magazines.

Yeah...so while I'd rather just have Geo back here, I guess the wedding-planning distraction is good. Who needs therapy when you've got theknot.com?