Sunday, July 24, 2011

Too Much Partying, Not Enough Packing (Apparently)

So, guys, it's my last Sunday night in my house. I'm sad. Nervous. Stressed out of my gourd. There's so much to do, and I just can't get it done. My mom and dad came over today and helped me do some packing, but they were very unimpressed with my level of packing. I am just in over my head. So, because I've got to get back to work packing up a ton of junk, this will be brief.

We had our farewell party this weekend. All the original roommates were here, along with some of our very awesome friends and it was incredibly fun. Huge thanks to all my loverly friends who came and made it a great night! We talked about our favorite memories of this house, watched a great storm from our balcony, and with help from a few drinking games, we got rid of a number of bottles of very old liquor. However, I kept trying to sell all my crap to people, but there were almost no suckers takers. Why won't people take my broken bookshelves? Come on, people!

Unfortunately, all that bidding farewell took it's toll on me. I woke up headache-y and just generally bummed out, so it made for a very difficult day. All this fun times in this place, with such great people make it so hard to pack it all up and move on. But, I'm anxious to get settled in my new place, and I hope to have as great of a time there as I've had here.

But for now, I've gotta get back to packing. I'm going to be up late tonight, and then it's back to work all week before making our final move outta here, after which I will regale you with awesome blogs not written on a computer sitting on a moving box once again.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you'll forgive me for a week or so of brief, or absent, blogs. According to my mom, I've really gotta "buckle down" and get everything done. Apparently, these boxes aren't going to pack themselves, which I think is just laziness on their part.

Thanks again to everyone who came and made this last party unforgettable. NO thanks to the no-shows. You guys definitely missed out. Okay, I'm signing off for the night. If you're bored, come and help me move, okay? Okay.

No comments: