Tuesday, November 6, 2012

44

Well, we've got a President. So, you know, that's good. Did I vote for him? Was I happy or disappointed? I think those questions are irrelevant. All I will tell you is this: I can wear my super trendy "Obama for your mama" Urban Outfitters t-shirt for four more years. Except it doesn't fit anymore, which is, like, RUDE. When will we get a President who truly understands the plight of the moderately overweight woman?!

No one cares what I say here tonight. People are either angry or happy and no blogger on the planet will be able to match the horror/happiness that people are feeling tonight. 

But, like, I totally feel like I know how Mitt Romney must be feeling. In high school, despite my prestigious and hugely important win for Most Flirtatious in my entire senior class, I never wanted anything more than to be voted onto a Homecoming court or Sweetheart (the Valentine's Day dance) court. There wasn't a formal campaign in place. You just voted for the most popular people, basically. Then, in the middle of the night, the lucky court members would be awoken from their popular slumber and would then be inducted into the elite group and spend the the next week being better than everyone else.

I was BUILT for this role. 

I slept in my most adorable pajamas for, like, WEEKS leading up to Homecoming or Sweetheart on the off-chance that the school voted early, and I consciously willed myself to not drool in my sleep. 

Spoiler: I didn't ever get voted onto a court. (And I totally still drooled everywhere.) Sure I cheered for my friends - and boyfriend! - when I heard they had been called up to the big leagues. But secretly, I was like "There must be some mistake. ALL my friends made it onto court, and yet, I'm just like hanging out, eating cereal with my parents wearing my best pajamas."

Losing blows. I get it. 

But if I've learned anything from losing the chance to represent my high school in absolutely no real way whatsoever, I learned that winning is overrated. I mean, come on. It's not like losing will haunt you for decades or anything.

{cough} 

Well, I don't know what else to tell you guys. I'm stoked for Obama supporters. I am. And  just hope they all have super adorable pajamas on. 

No comments: