Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Same ol', Same ol'

Just another boring day. Doctor's appointment, kickboxing, quick nap. Not much going on today. It IS my grandmaman's birthday today, though! Happy birthday, Grandmaman!!!

I feel like there's something else, though. Something kind of big. Hmmm. OH WAIT! I have another nephew! Finally the day you've all been waiting for! That's right, guys. Without further ado, I present to you: Alec David Christopher!


He is 7lb 15oz, and 21" long. Isn't he dreamy?! (My mom took the opportunity to remind me that, out of her five kids, I was her WORST BIRTH BY FAR! Rude! I was like 9 pounds and like face-up and her longest labor and just generally horrible to deal with...some things never change, amiright? Love you, Mom!) Okay, so MAAAAYBE he looks a lot like other babies, but might I draw your attention to his perfectly shaped noggin' and his cutie pie little nose, and those widdle widdle fingers and toesies?! Now, I've seen babies that look like monkeys when they're born. Or they're all hairy or bald or wrinkly or cone-headed or whatevs. But not Alec. He was perfect. (It's okay, you guys. You can just admit that he's pretty much one of the cutest babies ever.)

Need more proof? Okay, fine.



Yeah, so, he's adorable. I got to the hospital literally TWENTY minutes after he was born and I got pretty emotional when I held him for the first time. He was so handsome and quiet and thoughtful. I fell in love immediately. Also, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he tried to give me a high five. Such a playa...

Prinna and Chris are doing awesomely. And despite all the commotion around them (there were a total of NINE OTHER people in the hospital room with them), they were cool as cucumbers. I haven't felt that kind of life and energy in one room since we hosted a party for the season finale of Lost at our house. It was so rejuvenating.

Being the baller that I am, I still managed to make it to kickboxing tonight. But after all that lovey dovey happy sappy time, I just didn't have the drive to punch a bag tonight. I wanted to cradle it and make googly eyes at it. German Tony was less than thrilled with my performance tonight. Whatevs. After I explained that I met my new baby nephew for the first time today, he let up on me and asked me to bring him in as soon as he could fit into a boxing glove.

Indulge me, people and sit through one more picture. It's me with Alec and his proud big sisters (I'm sure there will be many, many more pictures to come, don't worry). But this is one of my favorite pics in the bunch:


I couldn't be happier for my sister and brother-in-law. I'm so grateful that I was able to be part of it. Yay for me and my family!

7 comments:

sarahabt said...

if Alec only knew what was to come with those impy sisters!! Love it!! sooooooooooo cute.

Anonymous said...

the wait is over! i hope that kid knows at birth how lucky he is to have cool auntie pharon...i just had my nephew Devin and his friend Chad here with my sister for spring break. they are 19. it goes fast, my friend, fast! xoxo

Grandmaman said...

Did you know that your mom was 9lbs4ozs and was face-up too!?! Loved the pic of you and the girls.

cindi said...

What a BEAUTIFUL aunt he has ..........................

Virginia said...

YAY!!!!!!!


Ok, I had to edit this because my captcha thingy was BRITH. Which is really close to Birth. And I love shit like that, so there you go.


Anyway, YAY!!!!!

Pharon Square said...

Virginia-That. Is. AWESOME! And totally worth the "edit". Captcha has made me laugh and/or reconsider my life's ambitions many a time. I had one yesterday that was "McClutch eatery" so I'm trying a new restaurant tonight. Once I got "feet hole" and laughed so hard I forgot what I was doing.

Love you, captcha!

Pharon Square said...

And Grandmaman - Oddly, my mom never 'fessed up to that! I'm totally using that against her the next time she complains about what a nightmare I am...
:)