Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tha $lang Thang

Quick poll time. Is there an age limit for using slang? Particularly the following words:

*w00t
*pwned
*stupes
*gnarly
*tbs (okay, I made this one up. It means “very funny”)
*salty
*omg

Before you decide, please note that I do use these words correctly and effortlessly. And, despite my age, I act and live like a 23 year-old. I would just like to know if I sound like one of those people who uses slang and it sounds like a panda ordering a fajita burrito at Chipotle . You know, unnatural.

Take the weekend. Think about, and let me know. :) Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

Well, I'm turning 33 in a few months, and I squeal "ooooooooo emmmmmmmmm geeeeeeeee!" like a teenager, so.. uh, no.

Freda said...

I teach highschoolers and their slang totally rubs off on me. I say "legit" waaaaaay too much and often introduce and/or conclude my sentences with "yo".

Pharon said...

I have another confession along the lines of Freda's. At work, I have caught myself starting sentences and addressing others with "Dude". Really? Does it get more professional than that? I think not...