Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy Anniversary (kind of)!

Well, they said it couldn't be done. They said it'd never last. But "they" were SUPER wrong. That's right, Geo and I have officially been married for one month! Thirty days of marital bliss. People ask me "How's married life?" And I say the same thing every time: It's much the same as non-married life. But upon reflecting on the last month, I realize just how much has changed in one moon.

In short, I am now a wife with a new (not-quite-legal-yet) name. My husband and I have a townhome in Rochester and a spankin' new SUV in our two-car garage. I purchased a vacuum. I made a (frozen) lasagna. I joined a Fantasy Football league. We have a Guest Room. OMG. What is happening to me?

In the midst of all the growing up I've been doing this month, I realized that I have gone 30 days without regaling people of the story of the best day in my life...a.k.a. my wedding.

It started with a hangover. It was a late night for the rehearsal dinner, and I woke up sandwiched between my sister and my sister-in-law on a queen sized bed in the hotel. Padrin played "Going to the chapel" and I felt 1000% amazing. We rallied the troops, got our hair and makeup done, went to the church, got dressed, and then took a zillion pictures.

The best part was the 45 seconds or so when I first saw Geo during our "First Look" pictures before the ceremony. It felt like the day had been amazing but was missing a tall, thin piece. Like in Tetris. And then when I saw Geo, it all fit and made sense.

Then the ceremony happened. Geo sang a song with his uncle, we exchanged rings, said "I do" and then smooched in public. Then we walked down the aisle while our friends launched off confetti streamers all around us. It was amazing.

Then we took a bus to the reception. I had 3 beers in about 45 minutes without even realizing it because I was so relieved and pumped all at the same time. We got to the reception, my dad announced the bridal party and we sat down to eat.

People told us "Don't worry about the food. You'll probably never even taste it. Or your cake." To which Geo replied once, "I think you underestimate how self-centered Pharon and I are." And turns out? He was only half right. HE barely ate his dinner but I was busy finishing mine and digging into his, too. Then I ate two pieces of cake. What can I say? I was hungry and it was the best food ever.

Meanwhile, my sister Padrin sang her toast to the Gilligan's Island theme song and I had never heard anything better ever in the history of time. It was AMAZING. Then I danced with my dad, Geo danced with his mom, Geo and I danced with each other and then everyone danced all together. For hours. People drank and ate late-night grilled cheese sandwiches and took pics in the photo booth. It was totally amazing.

The evening was absolutely perfect. Nothing broke down, nothing got skipped, and everything just went perfectly. I can't wait to get all the pics ready to share with everyone! Oh, and the weather was perfect but yes, I sweat. A LOT. And then we skipped town for Southern Cali for our incredibly fun and relaxing honeymoon.

And now it's 30 days later. One month after the "I do's" and the night when all the hard work and stress and anxiety and fighting paid off. And to be honest? I'd do it all again. Is there such thing as a One Month Vow Renewal??

In case anyone is interested, here is a list of the bestest group of Twin Cities wedding vendors in the whole world!
* Bumble Bee Floral
* Hazeltine National Golf Course
* George Street Photography and Videography
* Flow Event DJs
* The Traveling Photo Booth
* Buttercream 
* Flutter Boutique
* Creative Beaute Agency

No comments: