Thursday, November 14, 2013

Eating white

It is no secret that I have been having a steamy, toasted love affair with bagels for the past, oh I don't know, lifetime or so.

But what you may not realize is that there is so much more to this story. I, in fact, just love every white food you put in front of me. Milk, cheese, pasta, ranch dressing, potatoes, white corn tortillas, white chocolate...you name it, and I'll eat it. If it's white.

People say that white food is not good for you. Well what's so great about green food? Sure it's probably got more nutritional value and vitamins and is probably not made out of sugar and delicious, delicious carbs, but it could also be moldy and no one would ever know. Now if BREAD is moldy? Yeah, you'd know it. Oh, and pasta can't poison you if you cook it incorrectly. And cheese only gets better as it gets stinkier.

Anyway, I gave myself a little challenge today. Which turned out to be not a challenge. I wanted to see if I could eat only white food. I succeeded. Egg whites and toast for breakfast. Laughing Cow cheese for a snack. Pasta with olive oil for lunch. More pasta for dinner. (I did find myself preparing a salad to accompany the pasta, but no no. No green for me today. Not even hidden under a pile of ranch.) And I feel amazing. Lethargic and slightly scurvy-ish, but amazing.

It's obviously not a good idea to spend all day eating just one type of food, no matter how perfect it is. I know that I need fruits, veggies, protein and apparently just about ANYthing that didn't start as warm, delicious dough. But I just can't help myself. I just love it all.

Anyway, I've been eating a lot of white food lately because Geo also likes white food but I've gotta be honest. I need a serious break. Not a CLEAN break, but a break. When Geo went to the grocery store tonight, sure I asked him to get Bagel Thins, but then I added apples and green beans to the list as well. Balance!

Okay, so I love white food and white food loves me so much that it likes to stay with me on my hips and butt. Nice and close. But I'm renewing my efforts to throw some reds, greens, yellows and maybe even some browns (ew) into the mix. Then again, Geo just reminded me that the color white contains all the colors everywhere. Therefore, by eating white foods, I already AM eating all colors of food. Yeah! Science, you've finally worked in my favor. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to chug a glass of skim milk before bed.

No comments: